Sunday, January 29, 2017

Blog Background


This was the seventh Photoshop project that I worked on. I wanted to create a custom background for my blog, so I decided to model it off of my blog's title, Designing Pixels.

My idea was to make it look like a paintbrush was painting pixels, so I found three images. The first was a piece of paper. I wanted to make sure that you could visibly tell there was a piece of paper, so I decided on using a somewhat textured paper.

The next image was of a paintbrush. In order to just have the brush, I erased out everything in the picture except for the paintbrush itself. Then, I positioned the paintbrush where I wanted it over the paper, and added a shadow beneath it to make the brush look like someone was painting with it.

The final image I used was the rainbow pixels. I made multiple copies of the image, and edited each one to look like a pixelated brush stroke. Then, I finally put this image as the background for my blog! Unfortunately, I had some sizing issues, so you aren't able to see the full image when you look at the background. But other than that, I'm pretty proud of my work.

Image Credits:
Paper background - http://www.tiptheme.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/paper-background-7.jpg
Paintbrush - https://public.blu.livefilestore.com/y3pIpsczxLhbrRtmg7mXMDt3aifAgwINpGMqQ3qwhe7Zoh_mh60Ywt9d7RtkGVFnRRZm1WUAJcVOwpnqTglKY76WA01EELGK9l3TbPRmI4EXcl5D5tUWkL6iOTGCPwYOotdp0TEv0BVvfjgL-pPPCFNAQ/da%20vinci%20MAESTRO%20V10-9.jpg?psid=1&rdrts=160333665
Rainbow Pixels - http://us.123rf.com/450wm/robnroll/robnroll0909/robnroll090900002/5596091-regenbogen-abstrakt-pixel-multicolor-background-wallpaper.jpg?ver=6


No comments:

Post a Comment